Sunday, May 24, 2009

More Bad News





This probably means nothing to you, but Chicago lost it's only full time jazz station on Friday at 9:55 AM. WNUA 95.5 converted to a spanish music station (now the Mega955). I really like latin jazz, but spanish music doesn't do it for me. I understand the business issues, but they just pushed me further to XM (Real Jazz - 70 and Watercolors - 71) or Internet radio (sky.fm/smoothjazz). My FM receiver is not very busy these days.

Actually the jazz on Sky.fm is very good. They play a lot of different artists and aren't afraid to push the envelope beyond smooth.



On Sunday Jimi King has a live show from London (11:00 AM to 1:00 PM CDT) that is very entertaining. You can also watch it live (http://www.sky.fm/liveshow/).

6 comments:

  1. So why is YOUR name spelled with 2 "n"s?
    Ranndy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister was seven years old when I was born. Her name is Connie. She drew a card for my Mom and spelled my name with two"n's". My parents liked it and put it on the birth certificate.

    What's your story?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my Mom claimed that she just wanted my name to be different, but I tell people that she wanted to get back at me for the rest of my life for being a breech baby... and it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story. I think the spelling is a blessing. Everyone remembers me. I use it as my differentiation. It looks like I have competition for the "ranndy" user id on websites. Have you found any other double n's?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe it was you! I tried to sign on to a website once and it replied that user id "ranndy" was already in use. I called and said that I must have singed up before, but forgot my password. After comparing notes, they told me: "Wasn't you".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drat. Now I need to stay up all night and sign up for every website possible as "ranndy". Uh....maybe not. So, who carries your wine in Illinois? I buy most of my wine at Cardinal in Crystal Lake, but I am open to shopping a different store.

    ReplyDelete