Sunday, June 6, 2010

Another Great Under $20 Cabernet


I have been off for a while so I will start slow.

Just experienced a great new wine, Educated Guess from Roots Run Deep Winery (http://www.rootsrundeep.com/educated_guess.html). Besides the catchy name it tastes great. I really get excited when I find these types of gems.

From their spec sheet:

T H E N U M B E R S

100% Napa Valley
85% Rutherford and St. Helena
15% Yountville, Oak Knoll and Calistoga
85% Cabernet Sauvignon
6% Merlot
7% Cabernet Franc
2% Petit Verdot
12 Months French and American Oak (60% New)
25,000 Cases Produced (Bottled June 2009)
$20 Suggested Retail Price (UPC Code 8-98079-00100-0)

T H E S T Y L E

Wow, what can we say about our Cabernet Sauvignon? It’s rich, ripe and focused with juicy blackberry and cherry fruit, cocoa and hints of mint all tied together with a creamy french vanilla middle and a finish that in a word is . . . lingering. Educated Guess fills all the requirements that a serious cabernet lover is looking for, while remaining fun, approachable, and food friendly!

They owners say it better than me. It will be great with the filets I am getting ready to prep.

I hope you find this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment